Thank you for your interest in GSU’s STEAM Camp program!
We are pleased to offer Summer STEAM Camp for 2022. Camp activities will take place during the weeks of July 10, 17, and 24, 2022. We are currently planning for a face-to-face experience but will pivot to a remote or hybrid experience as needed. Please watch for additional camp details soon!
Since 2014, the Governors State University STEAM Camp has introduced students to current topics in science, arts, career development and life on a dynamic and modern college campus. GSU’s STEAM Camp provides an exceptional opportunity for today’s students to become tomorrow’s innovators through extensive interaction with highly qualified faculty, business and industry volunteers and each other. Camp modules are taught by outstanding instructors and field practitioners and assisted by pre-service teachers, exceptional GSU students and alumni, and highly qualified volunteers from business and industry.
Included professional career guidance supported by community partner, Junior Achievement challenges students to begin thinking about careers that they may not be aware of, and help prepare students to think about and plan for the jobs of tomorrow.
Register now for Summer 2022 for campers ages 11 to 16 (mature campers as young as age 10 may register at parental discretion).
Needs-based scholarships are available.
STEAM Camp fee: $150 per child, per week. Limited-time 15% discount for multiple weeks or multiple child registration.
- STEAM Camp, Week 1: July 11 to 15, 2022, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- STEAM Camp, Week 2: July 18 to 22, 2022, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- STEAM Camp, Week 3: July 25 to 29, 2022, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
to extend your STEAM Camp experience?
STEAM Camp Plus fee: $60 per child, per week (Monday thru Thursday).
- STEAM Camp Plus, Week 1: July 11 to 14, 2022, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- STEAM Camp Plus, Week 2: July 18 to 21, 2022, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- STEAM Camp Plus, Week 3: July 25 to 28, 2022, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Important: Registration is not complete until parents or legal guardians complete and submit required forms
Governors State University’s Summer 2022 STEAM Camp is funded by camp contributors and grantors, including the Public Health Institute of Metropolitan Chicago/ Creating Pathways and Access for Student Success (CPASS) who may include specific qualifications/ stipulations.
- Parent/ guardians and prospective campers agree to provide mathematics and science grades for two terms prior and two terms after the session(s) of Virtual STEAM Camp as a condition of the CPASS grant. The CPASS grant provides the majority of the STEAM Camp funding which allows us to offer the camp at lower cost.
STEAM Camp applicants must:
- Meet the proper age requirements (ages 11 to 16) - Mature campers will be taken upon the recommendation of parent/ guardian as young as 10.
- Have the application and supporting documents fully completed and signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Have access to a computer/ smart device and internet to view and participate in camp content.
- A parent or guardian must have a free Gmail account for their camper to access STEAM Camp learning modules on Google Classrooms. Important: Please do not use school system supplied Gmail email addresses. These are typically locked to the issuing school district, and we are not able to use to register your camper in our Google Classroom. Please create a new Gmail address if needed.
- Enjoy working in a team-based structure on a variety of projects/ activities.
- Be comfortable learning new things and meeting new people.
- Be mature enough to follow directions and observe appropriate activity safety requirements.
Looking for a STEAM Camp for younger kids? Please see Prairie State College's STEAM Camp.
Get Started: Register
To register, please start by creating an account and completing the registration process. Please use a current version of Chrome, Firefox or Safari. Internet Explorer is NOT supported.
To get started, please choose a session and click the "Express Registration" button.
See our Registration tutorial below or visit https://youtu.be/UgLtEtPxbQo
Parents and guardians are encouraged to update information in the Registration Form. Please log-on using the email and password that you provided previously, then click on Enrollments at the top and select Order History. Select your Order by clicking the arrow to the left. Select the Program by clicking the three dots under the Actions column, then select Registration Forms. Click the Edit button at the top to make changes to the Registration Form. If you have enrolled in multiple sessions, you will need to update each Registration Form individually. Important Notice:Although Jumbula provides other locations to update your information, for the GSU STEAM Camp please only update your information from the Registration Form.
See our tutorial on How to Update the Registration Form below or visit https://youtu.be/eNQxCM7q39o
For additional information, please visit the GSU STEAM Camp page.